Perca is situated in 1000 m altitude and only 4 km from the city of Brunico. The village with 1,000 inhabitants is ideally connected to the road, bus and rail network: From here you can discover the most beautiful destinations in the surrounding area, comfortably and quickly. In winter the cable car takes you from Perca to Plan de Corones, South Tyrol’s top skiing mountain with 120 km of pistes.
Our excursion tips for your holiday with us:
- Earth pyramids in Vila di Sopra / Perca: After a 45 minute walk from Vila di Sopra you reach the beautiful earth pyramids. The earth pyramids are constantly changing. Especially in winter and in spring new columns form all the time.
- Herb farm Kräuterhof Hauser: Dive into the fascinating world of herbs, fairytales and legends. On an area of 5000 square metres the Huber family grows 50 different types of herbs which are then used to make essential oils, teas, schnapps, liqueurs, herb salt, herbal cosmetics, herb filled pillows and more.
- Malga Lercher: A 45 minute walk along the stream to the idyllic Malga Lercher, a paradise for families.
- City of Brunico: Explore Brunico, the commercial heart of Val Pusteria. Carefully tended streets and arcades invite you to stroll and shop, cafés and restaurants tempt you with their offering.
- Brunico Castle is situated on castle hill high above the city of Brunico and visible from afar. It was first recorded in the 1276. Today it houses one of the Messner Mountain Museums.
- MMM-Messner Mountain Museums: With these mountain museums Reinhold Messner fulfilled his dream! Visit the museums on Plan de Corones and in Brunico Castle.
- The ethnological museum Teodone - declared to be one of the most beautiful open-air museums by German automobile organisation ADAC - showcases the history of the rural population. Outside you can explore original farm houses, the Baroque residence Mair am Hof houses ethnological collections and the adjacent farm building is home to agricultural equipment.
- At Taufers Castle children delight in seeing and touching the armoury, art lovers enjoy the Pacher frescoes and romantics love the picture book castle.
- Rio di Riva / Reinbach waterfalls: The Reinbach waterfalls near Campo Tures are an impressive spectacle of nature. Fed by melt water the Rio di Riva flows in three cascades over the rocks down to the ground.
- Predoi mine and climate tunnel: Visit this former copper mine! The “I breathe” climate tunnel is particularly attractive for people suffering from asthma.
- Alpine mountain lakes: Romantic lakes in idyllic valleys... visit Lago di Braies, Lago Anterselva, Lago di Dobbiaco and Lago Misurina.
- Abbazia di Novacella is one of the largest monasteries in the former Tyrol and still an active Augustine monastery. Visit the impressive monastery including church, herb garden, Klosterschenke restaurant and farm shop.